Saturday, May 28, 2011

Welcome to Vancouver!


This is definitely one of the most beautiful cities I've visited. :) Look at the waterfront...


I arrived a couple of days ago and am really enjoying it so far. Our current neighborhood is nice and the air is very fresh because the city is so close to water. It's a little bit cold (10-15*C), but I don't mind because it's perfect for running. :)

I will start work officially on Tuesday, but plan to visit Simon Fraser University and my lab on Monday so I can get more familiar with it. Until then I plan to explore the city a little bit more.



All in all, everything is going fine. My only quip is that prices here seem to be a little on the high side, but this may be because I'm living very close to downtown right now. We'll see what happens when I move closer to the university.

I'll update next week with a post about starting work. Bye bye until then! :)

2 comments:

  1. Anya, those pictures really are gorgeous. I would love to see a waterfront like that! (instead of having a bucket-load come down on my head every day, haha). I hope you do find satisfactory housing closer to the university :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are surreal, they look kind of sci-fi (taken in the planet of the blue tones). Keep us posted! Glad you have arrived safely.

    ReplyDelete