Sunday, May 19, 2013

Bonjour!

My name is Melanie and I am a junior studying neuroscience/music (before you look at me like o___O I am merely doing what I love and loving what I do) here at Emory U.

I have been working in the Wei/Yu lab in the department of neurology/anesthesiology for the past 3 years, working on pharmacological treatments of ischemic stroke.

I have been hoping to go to France ever since my freshman year at Emory, and I love working in the lab so IRES was the perfect program for me!

This summer, I will be looking at another aspect of brain injury (including stroke) in terms of changes to the blood brain barrier, using many similar techniques I am familiar with, like immunohistochemistry and some that I am working on, like western blotting.

My flight leaves Atlanta in ~13 hours so I have been packing frantically for the past couple of hours. Not an easy feat, but I am finally done! 

I figure I can always sleep on the plane and during my layovers in Chicago and London, right?

I just came back from gift-shopping for my French comrades at World of Coke today (I hope it's popular and I am all set and so excited for tomorrow! Bon voyage to all and guess I'll see you on the other side =)

-Mellow Melanie




1 comment: