Wednesday, July 22, 2009

See ya Sydney

By now, my stay here in Australia is quickly coming to a bittersweet end. It is sad leaving me new mates and Sydney behind, but at the same time I’m really excited to be going to New Zealand. I’ll be leaving tomorrow and will be spending the next 4 weeks there doing volunteer work and site seeing. The past few days in lab have been pretty low key, so I’ve been taking the opportunity to relax a bit. Recently, I’ve been barrowing the surf board at my place and spending some time at the beaches. Also, the other day I went to go see Harry Potter at the Imax in 3D (it was amazing!).
In other news, I’ve got results!!! Considering that this is my 3rd lab job, but first time getting real concrete results, it feels really good to have completed something from start to finish. Our predictions came out close to what we expected, and I have successfully optimized a pertussis toxin treatment protocol for preventing the entry of T-cells into the lymph nodes. I gave a presentation on my findings to my lab last Friday, and now I’m just going through and organizing my data.
I’m not sure when I will have internet access again, but I wish everyone the best of luck with the remainder of their projects. See ya back in America! :)
-Ryan Mak

No comments:

Post a Comment