Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Allison Carr - Week 1 in Denmark!

I've been here a little over a week and I finally have the internet connected in my room! That has been the biggest struggle so far. Before this, I had to go into my office at night and steal the Wi-Fi to be able to Skype back home, but now I have an Ethernet cord in my room.

Everything else is good so far! The food is gross for a picky eater like me, so I've been snacking on a lot of nutella and microwavable pasta, but eventually I will force myself to branch out. The most pleasant surprise so far has been how NOT touristy the city is. Because it is not the largest city in Denmark or an extremely well-known city, I feel like I am really immersed in the culture here instead of the image that a they want me to see (like some of the most popular tourist destinations). It is much more authentic this way.

Also, the weather is much colder and windier than I expected. I see what Dr. Shreckengost meant when he said to make sure you plan ahead and be aware of things like the weather :)

Pictures to come!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're settled in! I hope it is a great experience for you. I leave today! Have an amazing summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have followed my own advice! Paris is colder than expected, and I didn't bring a jacket!!

    ReplyDelete