Friday, May 29, 2015

Legoland and travels

Hi!

I have started working on a study at work that looks at autobiographical memories and life events in people from a small town in Africa. It is an incredibly eye-opening experience to see that the major events that they report from their lives include things like "good harvest for survival" and "cholera outbreak". We live in a totally different world. Also, the memory card game project I am supposed to work on for the summer is almost ready, so we should be getting started running participants soon!

I have also really gotten a chance to explore the cafes and restaurants of Aarhus, as well as many museums and a lot of nature. I took a walk down to the water (the water is never far away in Denmark!) and the Queen's Palace, and I also took a bus ride down to visit Legoland last weekend because I am a small child at heart. Tomorrow morning I get on an early train (6:00 am!) to Copenhagen for the weekend. It's supposed to be beautiful, so I can't wait!

Everyone at the lab I work in and at my dorm are incredibly welcoming and really act like the want to get to know me, which is in some ways similar to America, but also very refreshing. We have weekly dinners for our hall of my dorm, and everyone in my lab eats lunch together each day at noon, so it is very much of a community.

1 comment: