Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A walk to remember




Heidelberg is by far the prettiest German town I've been to. We had our RISE-DAAD trip there a week ago, and I had a lot of fun getting to know more nerdy scientists like us. We sat through a lot of talks about getting a masters or phd in Germany, went on a city tour and a few yummy banquets. The talks were not fun... but meeting everyone was a lot of fun. Ogy, I met your friends too! The town was beautiful, the food was delicious and the weather was ridiculously hot (around 36 degrees Celsius) and it made for quite the adventurous retreat.

Here are some of the friends I made in Heidelberg. This was us at the second "best" castle in Germany... (sorry about another castle, Cathy... it'll be my last one, promise!)


This is us at the castle again.... but we decided to climb up to the top at night. It was epic I tell you. But the castle was absolutely gorgeous.

Here's the view from the top. Too bad I don't have an awesome camera like Austin, but it was really impressive. A bit like a mini- Prague.
A gorgeous Jesuit Church in the old city center.


The Neckar River, which eventually flows into the Rhine.

And this past weekend, I returned to Berlin one more time. What can I say, I love the city too much. I met up with my middle school friends and it was amazing. And Berliners really do know how to party! This is us at the "Tube" on Friedrich Strasse, East Berlin.

I don't plan on traveling anywhere this upcoming weekend, so I'll write a more detailed post about what's going on. But life is busy... and I'm in lab til 7ish everyday now (out of my own free will of course), which is why I haven't been an active blogger. I think this project is really awesome and it's a shame that I'm really short on time. :(

Fingers crossed I can get a lot of stuff done! :) Peace out and hope you guys are well. xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Great photos, Nabs! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I think they planned on taking a day off and heading to Frankfurt on monday. I'm headed to Prague in a couple weekends and might take a quick trip up to Dresden while I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leah! I've been taking a ton of pictures this summer and it's been fun.

    Ogy,you should do it... bc Dresden is closest big Germany city to Prague and has pretty cool architecture too. I love Prague... it's my second favorite city in the world. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what are you talking about, I love castles!! I love the reunion with your old classmates, that's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete