Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hi everyone,

I am super excited to go to Vancouver this summer and can't wait to get there. Meanwhile, I have to study for finals. :) How fun.

I'm majoring in neuroscience and researching the songbird brain here at Emory. In Vancouver, I will also be studying birds, but more from an ecological/physiological perspective. I think it will definitely help me learn more about these animals and understand them as a whole. I will be working in the lab of Dr. Tony Williams at Simon Fraser University, and mostly likely studying how anemia in zebra finch mothers affects their offspring and parenting quality. Dr. Williams and I aren't 100% certain about what I'll be doing, though, so it's likely that I'll end up investigating and helping out with a number of different things. This is a good thing though, because I'll be able to learn many new techniques and perspectives.

For the rest of my time in Vancouver, I plan to go hiking/running/general exploring as much as possible. A friend suggested to me that I visit Victoria, so I may do that at some point as well.

Off to finish the semester! See ya later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment