Monday, April 25, 2011

Joshua @ Emory

Hello world:

I'm in the middle of writing final papers, studying for final exam, and preparing for final presentations in my next to last semester at Emory. After catching up with senior friends and attending Graduation 2011, I will spend a valuable week at home with my beloved family.

I will be departing for London from New York on May 26th. The return flight is already set for August 19th. It's always good to begin with the end in mind, as I've been learning that general relativity of time just means it goes by faster as you get older.

I will be conducting research at the University of Oxford's Institute of Cognitive and Evolutionary Anthropology (ICEA). I will be working in the lab of the Director, Robin Dunbar, a renowned scientist currently studying pro-social laughter. My goals include determining this phenomenon's effect on experimental economic cooperation and contributing to the developing theory on neuro-biological mechanism of Duchenne's laughter.

I plan to keep you all updated throughout the summer on my progress and my adventures. I will be blogging updates like this one, as well as posting pictures, and - when more appropriate - "vlogging." Video-blogging will be an enjoyable experience, for both parties I hope, and will have to suffice when I cannot Skype with you.

In the meantime, I appreciate your prayers and support for a fantastic (and unforgettable) summer 2011!

- Joshua de Gastyne

1 comment:

  1. Joshua,
    So...how are you? Looking forward to your post!;o)

    ReplyDelete