Friday, July 29, 2011

Long Time No See


Apologies, Apologies
First of all, sorry for the lack of posts. Traveling, work, and procrastination can be quite harmful. With that said, NFL lockout is OVER! Go RAVENS!

Stockholm. Went to the land of awesome Swedes late June. It was really nice.. small, but nice. One of my favorite places thus far. People are much more outgoing than Finns.
Swedish Royal Guards > British Royal Guards

Did you know that Sweden has the best economy in Europe? Too bad it was a little expensive..

Much better than IKEA Swedish meatballs. If you have time, check out this video. Hilarious.

I'm on a boat. And pointing.

My future summer house.

4th of July BBQ. Well, the people left at the end. From left to right: Finnish flatmate (stalker look), American girl from Notre Dame, French flatmate, Icelandic ex-flatmate (awesome bro), Indian labmate, me, Italian labmate, Finnish labmate, Finnish dude

Finland has more lakes than people.

Row, row, row your boat, gently down the lake.

Beautiful, natural sauna in the woods with no electricity. Everyone was naked.. well, expect me. A towel covering my prized possessions is the farthest I went.

Told ya.. no electricity at all. Sauna, swim, sauna, swim, sauna, swim... then bathe in this bucket. With temperatures over 90 Celcius, I thought I was in Hotlanta! =P

Enough fun...
Work!
Ups and downs. All the recordings are done, coding is done, but figuring out the coding is a slap in my face. Also had to redo initial pre-analysis about three times because I forgot to do certain steps, but that's all okay because we're on track to get some good data soon. Really cool techniques and analyses done here. Excited to tell you guys in more detail and also inform my lab back home!


So I haven't posted in a while because....
A) I'm been busy with lab work
B) I don't feel like it
C) I don't want my $500 when we get back to Emory
D) I am too cool for blogs
E) I've been traveling


You're right! I've been traveling! Sneak preview of what's to come in the next few days/week:

You can say that I gained a little weight while in Europe



Moment of silence of those who lost their lives in Norway. There's quite a concern in Finland regarding dangers of these right-winged radicals due to increased popularity of conservative, Nationalistic ideals bringing Finland back to pre-EU, pre-immigration thinkings. Scary.

2 comments:

  1. I will join you for the moment of silence - being in the UK, I know how easy it is to return to pre-EU thinking... God bless the families of the deceased. So glad you've gotten to travel, and no worries about gaining weight - you can swim, cycle, and run with me this semester while I get ready for a triathlon! Jealous that you went to Sweden. Woot, NFL! always gotta have their little bit of drama - a bit like the Repub/Dem fight in the debt crisis, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, updates! Thanks for the sauna photos... the building and surroundings reminds me of every nordic movie I've ever seen (all 3 of them)...

    ReplyDelete