Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hello Brisbane!


After a relaxing 14 hour flight, I arrived in Brisbane this morning! It's beautiful here - everything's in full bloom, and the sun is shining - you would never guess that winter begins in a few weeks. My PI picked me up from the airport and showed me around UQ for a bit before we stopped for a delicious lunch (vegetable frittata, quinoa salad, spinach salad, and coffee). I spent the rest of the afternoon wandering about battling jet lag and found some parks, convenience stores, and incredibly impressive views. I already love it here: I can not wait to start in the lab on Monday!

Cheers,

Kerri

2 comments:

  1. Kerri! Glad you made it across the puddle. Sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job detailing the meal, Kerri! Looking forward to more updates :-)

    ReplyDelete