Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My first week

Since the last time I've posted, I've found housing and have started to work in the lab! My PI and her sons have been the most wonderful hosts, feeding and entertaining me and driving me around to find a local cell phone and apartment. I moved into a two bedroom apartment last night. As you can see, my bedroom is teeny, but it has a fantastic balcony attached!
Huge bed, tiny room.
I started work on Monday and absolutely adore the lab! It is huge, so I have my own desk with two computers and all the office supplies I could possibly need. Right next to my desk is a fantastic window that stays open to let in fresh air and the unique bird calls of the area. Even more, the back door of the lab opens onto a shaded patio and the staff swimming pool/BBQ area. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful and, most importantly, they drink tea all day. It's wonderful.
The window by my desk. I love it!
Oh, I have actually done some work here. I've been catching up on empirical articles written by the lab and doing some personal research on TBI literature. I was just trained to transcribe interviews and will be going on home visits for a NICU study soon. There are a ton of fantastic seminars going on over the next few weeks, so I will be making my way to as many of those as possible!

I hope to have some touristy pictures the next time I post!

Cheers,
Kerri


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really productive first week, Kerri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerri, I don't know if blogger lets you upload audio files but if you could record some of those tweety birds for me I'd love it!

    ReplyDelete