Monday, August 13, 2012

The last two weeks...what??

Heyyy everyone!

So I meant to submit this one like last week but realized I only saved it as a draft...sooo oops here it is:

Its crazy to see that you are all leaving...i still have two whole weeks left! Last weekend (Sat- Monday) I was in London! It was probably my favorite trip so far...mainly because I got to see GIANT OVER 6 FEET TALL athletes at every street corner. They were required to wear an Olympic tag so I could easily identify them! I was able to book an incredibly cheap flight. On Saturday, I visited Hyde Park and went to high tea..soooo british of me, I know. I met four other people from Emory and we ate fish and chips together. I also got to watch the marathon and triathalon for free. I did the super touristy things on Sunday...the palace, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, the London Eye, etc...I even saw the hospital where I was born. I came home absolutely exhausted though since I tried to cram in so much tourism in such a short period of time....definitely worth it though! My camera ran out of batteries pretty early, so I was only able to take a few photos:



In lab this week my mentor and I are working to finish our N-Heterocyclic carbene catalyst paper, and we hope to submit soon. I have spent the majority of the week perfecting my analytics for all of my catalysts (for exampel, H NMR, C NMR, HR-mass spec, IR-spectrum) so it is "publishable quality." I am now converting the data to text form in the supplemental materials section. Honestly, it has been rather stressful week and I've had to put in long hours to repeat a few experiments.

This weekend I will be going to Basel (in die Schweiz) on Saturday for a day trip with two of my lab mates. On Sunday I will go to Europapark, which is the largest amusement park in Germany and located quite conveniently to Heidelberg.

On a sad note I've had to say goodbye to some close friends this week. Its strange to think that I might never see them again :/ We will definitely try to keep in touch though...and who knows, maybe I'll be back in Germany sometime soon..wishful thinking perhaps??

Until next time,

Kristen

1 comment:

  1. So cool you too got to enjoy the Olympics in London!

    ReplyDelete