Friday, August 3, 2012

last post :(

This summer has been absolutely amazing.  It was so much harder than expected to say bye to everyone in the lab--they took me out to lunch, got me a gelato recipe book (so I can still have it in the US!...they know me too well), and then I went to happy hour with the people that are our age from the lab. 

After Milan, I met Eurico in Portugal! Lisbon is awesome and the beaches of South Portugal are the best. Then I took the overnight train to Madrid and am meeting Maite in Toledo tomorrow.

While looking through photos, I realized that IRES has given me the opportunity to visit 5 countries (6 if you count the Vatican), 14 cities (see below), and make friends from all over the world.  This summer was unforgettable, and I can't wait to read the blog posts for the IRES Class of 2013.

The ultimate Eurotrip:

Rome
Colosseum and Roman Forum

Venice
Piazza San Marco

Torino
Mole Antonelliana

Como
Roomies! -- Although George Clooney was here the same
weekend that we were, we never ended up seeing him 

Garda
Feeding the swans

Milan
Colonne di San Lorenzo

Cinque Terre
Most amazing views of the whole trip!

Bucharest
Bucharest!

Zurich
Beautiful!


Lucerne
IRES meets the wilderness
(in front of Mount Pilatus from the base of Mount Rigi)


Lisbon

Praça do Comércio

Famous pastries from Pasteis de Belem

Mosteiro dos Jerónimos

Faro
View from the house

Best seafood I've ever tasted
Traditional beach houses


Madrid

Museo Reina Sofía -- imitating Dali's legendary mustache .  This museum was my favorite of the trip with many Dali and Picasso pieces.  The famous Guernica is also housed there! 


Toledo
With Maite in Toledo!



1 comment:

  1. Megan, that's pretty amazing. I want to see photos when you complete The Trip!

    ReplyDelete