Friday, August 5, 2011

Dam, Bruxelles, La Ville-Lumière, Capitale de la Paix

AMSTERDAM
So flat.

Mom, I'm playing with fire!

Dudes in the back are about to stab us in Dam Square.

Local game is to throw bikes into the canals. Very fun.

Secret garden, Begijnhof

See, couchsurfing ain't so bad.

Into the Dutch country.

Clogs, cheese, and more cheese.

I wonder if these are better than modern windmills.

Probably not.



BRUSSELS

Night photos are difficult to take without a tripod.

Yup, very difficult indeed.

I'm supposed to be lucky now.

I am indeed very lucky. (to have her). **AWWWWW**

I Lol'ed when I saw this picture.



PARIS

Chillin like a Frenchman at Luxembourg

Pantheon #2 (Paris) < Pantheon #1 (Roma)

If a man puts out the eye of a patrician, his eye shall be put out
If a man knocks the teeth out of another man, his own teeth will be knocked out

OMG OMG!! Everyone rush into this room to take a picture with this awesome thing!
"Brad Pitt!!" "Tom Brady!!" "Madonna!!"

"No.. actually.. guys.. It's the Portrait of Lisa Gherardini, wife of Francesco del Giocondo - a 30"x21" painting valued at over $800million."

"Oh... well, whatever! It's famous and I love following hordes of people! I want to take a picture of it so that I can be like the 6 million people who visit it every year. Wait, so how did it become so famous?"

"Because it was stolen in the year 1911"

"Whatever, I'm still gonna shove 50 people out of my way to get in front and take a picture of it."

"You know you can find prints and copies online for free, right?"

*Shove* *Shove*

My reaction to the steaming hot pyramid.

Do I look triumphant?

Le Arc de Triomphe de l'Etoile - celebrating all of French's illustrious military victories. [Sarcasm intended]

My secret spy camera in use. "I waited 4 hours in line for this!!" (Seriously.. I zoomed in from the picture on top)

Pretty sure my feet were hurting real bad at that point.

Oooo glitter!

Versailles was less than impressive. Fountains weren't even running.

A French military ceremony impeded our way into seeing Napoleon's tomb.

Worth it? Had some nice duck outside of Montmatre

GENEVA
Good times, good times.


More Geneva (maybe), Barna (Barcelona), Roma (+Vatican), London (Fish n Chips), Helsinki (Huh?), and Tallinn (Disneyworld) to come.

1 comment:

  1. You take such fun photos. Gotta say, the one of you *owning* the whole plaza in Luxembourg is epic.

    ReplyDelete