Thursday, August 11, 2011

Nearing the End

So I tried uploading my London pictures, but the uploading thing isn't working. Sorry guys!

I have less than a week left now:(, so I'm starting to wrap things up. I finished all of the FRAP analysis today. It's bittersweet, but I think it's time for me and the confocal to depart. Much time has been spent in the dark cursing at the microscope who just stands there and doesn't fight back. I pretty much have all of my data in this graph pad program, so I will run all of the statisical tests tomorrow! Fingers crossed. I already started working on my intro, and all of my explaining figures are completed...so less work to do for the poster when I return home. Yay!

I'm currently knees deep in secondaries right now. I sent five off already, but another five are waiting to be completed. I finally got the essay that I have been dreading to answer...who knew it would take 10 secondaries to finally come to the dreaded question? Hopefully I will get those sent off before classes begin. I think I can do it! One of my credit cards are maxed out, though, so I'm ready for the plight of the secondaries to be over.

Today I went to the Botanical gardens with my roommates. It was really pretty, and the rose garden is still in bloom:) I quite enjoyed it. The other American in the lab and I decided that we're going to make pumpkin pie since only one other person in the lab has had it. It's a shame, you know...living that long without eating pumpkin pie. Our plan is to take over Dublin, one pumpkin pie at a time:). This weekend some of my friends and I are going to Howth, this area near the coastline. It's supposed to be absolutely brilliant...and there are seals. Can't get any better than that.

I started packing today since the coming days are going to be pretty crazy. It's sad to think that this will be my last week of eating scones every day. I have come to learn and appreciate so much, but I will save those remarks for my blog.

Until then...

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're making the most of the rest of your time, Sara - it's also very bittersweet for me... very hard to leave such a lovely place. Best wishes with the med school applications this year! can't wait to see your poster :)

    ReplyDelete