Sunday, June 12, 2011

So Tired

"Hi.
I would be interested in giving you lessons on the Sibelius
Violin Concerto. I am part of the Violin faculty in Sibelius-
Academy, and the great-granson of the composer.
Hope to hear from you!

Jaakko Ilves"
Sweeeeet


I'm on a boat, I'm on a boat


Everybody look at me, cause I'm on a boat


Hey ma, if you could see me now
Arms spread wide on the starboard bow


I love big cannons that shoots big balls. (Suomenlinna Fortress/Islands)


  • Pink/purple trains? Seriously, Helsinki?
  • Gabriele (Ph.D student from Italy) being tortured in the MEG
  • MEG lab with too many monitors and computers.
I've been in lab for most of my time and days here. In a very busy month when subjects and the MEG machine is open until the end of June due to July being the official month of traveling and Finland being a ghost country, we have been recording from the beginning of last week and need to get up to 13 subjects (who come in for two-day sessions) while sitting in a very uncomfortable seat in a dark room for 6 hours at a time. This means work begins at 9AM and ends at 9PM, including weekends. It is never dark here, however, and only is "dusk" in the night.

Nevertheless, St. Petersburg/White Nights Festival this weekend, Stockholm/Midsummer Festival the next, Lapland/Sauna/Lake the following.

PS. Coding sucks. Labview sucks more than MatLab.

4 comments:

  1. those are some long work hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought of you today on NPR when i heard something from Sibelius. keep workin hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing about your violin lessons. What a treat! And I loved the photos and captions :)

    I was wondering what the lunar eclipse will look like for all of you very up north!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope White Nights Festival was fun, and that you get to do the Sibelius Concerto lessons!! Both the MEG and the boat look cool.

    Hey, a pink/purple train is better than the dull grey to get around Britain.

    ReplyDelete