Saturday, June 30, 2012

Even losing is still fun in Deutschland!

Hey everyone!
Sorry its been a week since my last post but things have been sooo busy here! Ill start with last weekend....I went to the town on Mannheim, which is more of a cultural center than heidelberg. I went with a friend to a movie theater that shows original English versions of films (I really needed to watch something where I could actually understand every word and not just laugh when the group laughs!) They also have a nice theater house, so we saw Beauty in the Beast...in german. It was awesome! Then we explored this "chocolate museum", where basically they make everything out of chocolate but actually looks real!  These are some of my favorites:

 How risque!

Chocolate and shoes together...what more could you ask for...and I think they're my shoe size!

Of course you cannot enter a store in Germany without seeing Beer


One of my favorites...the ipad. Had I actually had money on me I would have bought this :)

Nothing like a chocolate filled BigMac!

In lab I have been working long hours and, fortunately, getting a lot done! I was able to finish synthesizing my Platinum catalysts this week so I can begin catalysis tests. Again, I am sorry I cannot go into more detail on this public blog. I will begin experimentation with gold when I get back. Next week my mentor is going to Berlin until Wednesday so I have a long weekend. So why not explore Italy? I am arriving in Munich later today to meet up with some other RISE students and will leave on a night train at Midnight to Venice where im meeting Megan!!!!! Ill stay there until Monday night and then come back and finish exploring Munich because apparently its a "must see city" with a GREAT shopping distriction...hopefully I do not completely empty my bank account. 

By the way, yesterday I saw a shop called "Build a Beer" where you could actually distill your own beer..I thought that was a clever title. Also if you are ever in Germany you must try doner kabob...im actually becoming addicted to it since its at every corner, extremely cheap,and just delicious!

On a sad note, we lost in the Eurocup on Thursday..but Im being the ultimate traitor by going to Italy this weekend where I can watch the finals there!

Until next time when ill update you on my Italian adventures!!! 

Kristen


2 comments:

  1. Kristen, I doubt you'll feel very traitorous while chillin' in Venice. I think it's what they call a win-win :) Have fun!! And glad to hear things in the lab are going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a doner for me! yumyumyum.

    ReplyDelete