Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sweet! (+Brisbane)

I am officially a blogger. I always wondered what bloggers did slash what they looked like sitting away there typing away at their computers. Carrie Bradshaw anyone? Anyways....back to summer '10! Woo!! I am SO PUMPED! I leave for Brisbane in less than 3 weeks and it is surreal!
A little about myself. I am a junior in the college from Spokane, WA(yes, WA state): NBB/Linguistics double major. I have loved my time at Emory and am excitied to see what Australia will bring. One minor issue, thus far, all I know about my research is that I'm looking at pediatric PTSD and am not quite sure exactly what else I am doing. It is quite hard to get in contact with a PI who happens to be exactly sleeping when I am awake and vice versa. Hmm skyping this summer will turn out to be an interesting scheduling experience. But Robyne has been definite in establishing a concrete plan once I arrive.
My research here at Emory has involved working with boys with callous-unemotional traits to see what predictors of psychopathy we can detect early on. In particular, I am interested in looking at the physiological variance responses in these boys.
So I have 4 papers due tomorrow and should probably go work on them so more..will post later! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment