Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ich komme, Deutschland!

YES. I am SO ready to be in Deutschland this summer to do some exciting physics, meet some cool people and broaden my perspective on life!

I will be in a small college town in central Germany by the name of Goettingen (and I shall find a way to add umlauts to this blog) for 10 whole weeks. It's rather exciting because it's one of their most famous universities and has a mind-boggling legacy when it comes to physics/scientific research (Heisenberg, Dirac, Planck...they all went there.... ridiculous).

As you can most probably tell, I'm most excited about the science... and yes, I am proud to admit that I am a nerd. haha. I'm going to the Max Planck Institute and it's like a dream come true because they've been responsible for some of the most ground-breaking research to come out of Europe in recent times. I really wanted to go to Germany for the summer because I think they have a unique way of working and dealing with science, which i've come to admire. Hopefully, I'll be able to see firsthand what that is actually like and learn from the experience.

Okay, I still have things that need to be done before I can get this party started.. so I should get those things done ASAP. But, I can assure you that you'll enjoy reading my blog this summer... because I know I'll have a ball writing it. :)

Bis spaeter! (I really need umlauts. lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment