Monday, April 26, 2010

Montreal, Mice, and Memories

This whole blogging thing is going to take some getting used to, but hey there's a start for everything! I'm pretty excited to put up great pictures of food, places, and (censored but) interesting things.

I will be a rising senior at Emory, studying Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology. I currently work with Dr. Robert Hampton in the Laboratory of Comparative Primate Cognition on projects that concern learning and memory in rhesus monkeys. I hope to do an honors thesis next year and head to graduate school after my time at Emory has ended. Apart from research, I head an organization that teaches public speaking to middle school students in my hometown in South Carolina.

I will be heading to Montreal, Canada, very soon (mid-May); and I will be studying potential improvements in learning and memory in aged mice with Drs. Sonenberg and Khoutorsky. The project seems to be ideal for me, since it combines my knowledge in behavioral research with my desire to learn a lot more about the molecular and cellular bases of behavior. I'm actually looking to see if McGill could be a place for graduate school. We shall see! :)

Right now, I'm really excited to finalize where I'll be staying which will hopefully be really close to this huge park between University of Montreal and McGill; and I'm really looking forward to exploring downtown Montreal.

To more posts!

-Nick

1 comment: