Sunday, July 15, 2012

Go Broncos!

Hey!

Lab is going just as well as ever. I've finished some data analyses for myself, so I'll be working on writing up something with them over the next two weeks. I'm still working on coding, data entry, and transcription and am headed on a home visit for the NICU study this week - they're collecting data for a 6 month follow-up for infants who were born prematurely then placed into the NICU. The home visits are where they get the videos I'm coding and the interviews I'm transcribing, so I'm excited to see the procedure in its entirety. I can't believe I only have 10 more days in this lab - I will be very busy for all of them I'm sure!

I've just had a wonderful weekend in Brisvegas (just learned that term yesterday and am really excited to use it!). Friday night I went to a Footy game despite some pretty damp conditions. It was great, and naturally the Brisbane Broncos beat the New Zealand Warriors, but it was a pretty close match! I am so happy to have found a substitute for Grid Iron in its off season! Rugby is a very similar idea minus any sort of head or body protection, and the fans are just as fun (well almost as fun as Steelers fans, but that's a pretty tough crowd to compete with).

The poncho look is in this season

Go Broncos!!
I spent the past two days trying to cross as much off my to do list as possible. I managed to trek to the Roma Street Parklands and walk through some beautiful gardens (and get in the background of several wedding photos...) and then head to the Brisbane French Festival to celebrate Bastille Day with some tasty crepes. The next day I tried out a new farmers market, wandered around the shopping town of Paddington, and finished the day with a scenic rock climbing adventure (unlike the Rugby players, I was wearing a helmet, no worries!).
Unique flowers in the Parklands

Happy Bastille Day y'all!

Rock climbing at Kangaroo Point Cliffs

View of Brisbane from the top of the cliffs
I have one more weekend left in Brisbane, and I'm really excited to spend it with a couple of friends who just came to town to begin their fall study abroad programs. I can't believe how quickly the trip has gone, but I suppose time truly does fly when you're having fun. Exploring this country has been such an amazing experience!!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, sorry it's coming to an end. Thanks for the update and photos!

    ReplyDelete