Thursday, July 26, 2012

It's my last week in Milan! Last weekend, I met my friend Kerri in Bucharest, Romania.  The trip was completely random, but I had a great time.  Our hostel was a huge old mansion in the nicest part of town.  I was kind of surprised that stray dogs really are everywhere (which I had read prior to my trip but didnt realize the extent), but the pups are friendly and just trot alongside visitors without bothering anyone.  
For the rest of this week, I will be working with Silvia on a primary cell culture project.  We are studying microglia and astrocytes with different hormone treatments with groups separated by time and gender.  Silvia was generous enough to teach me and two other students how to harvest the cells for this type of experiment.  I went to happy hour with a bunch of the younger lab workers on our floor last night, and our whole lab went to a nice Sicilian restaurant today to celebrate the two other students passing their exams and the end of IRES. 
After that, I'll be off to Portugal to visit Eurico at his house in Lisbon!  Then I am meeting Maite in Madrid before I head back to the US!  I am so glad I lived in an international dorm because I have made so many friends that I can visit all over Europe. 
Forgetting my camera cord on this trip has been a nuisance, so as soon as Kerri uploads her photos, Ill be able to get you some pictures of Bucharest.
-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment