Wednesday, July 4, 2012

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!

Im so sad to be missing the best holiday of the year, but things in Milan have been great!  Last weekend, I met Kristen in Venice and spent two days exploring the islands and canals of the city with her.  Venice was beautiful and the culture is totally different from that of any other city Ive visited here even though it is only 4 hours from Milan.  Although I did not take a gondola ride, Kristen and I still had the chance to take a water taxi around the island and got some great views of the city from the Grand Canal.  The Palace and St. Marks Square were awesome as well.



It is so bizarre hat I only have a month left in Europe.  Ive had the opportunity to visit 7 cities in Italy so now I am excited to venture out and see some other countries--Switzerland, Romania, Portugal, and Spain are all coming up soon so I will keep you posted about that!

In Lab, I am starting to do RT-PCR to look for myelin proteins and am still doing western blotting for presynaptic proteins involved in vesicle release.  Before coming to Milan, I would not have focused on nerve signaling or pain so this summer has helped me understand neuropathy from a new perspective.

--Megan

2 comments:

  1. That's wonderful that you got to meet up (thumbs up on photo evidence!). And also, very neat that your project is expanding your research horizons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for understanding neuropathy from new perspectives and for canals of venice!

    ReplyDelete