Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hi everyone,

I cant believe that it has been over 2 months since I left the US.  Italy is still fantastic, and I enjoy working at the University of Milan.  I am actually switching projects for the last two weeks of my time here to help finish some work on the EAE (experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis) model of Multiple Sclerosis.  Much of the work is similar but it is a nice change that has allowed me to learn new techniques.

Last weekend, Kristen and I visited Zurich and Lucerne, Switzerland.  Zurich is one of the greatest cities that I have gotten to visit thus far, and I am so glad we decided to meet there.  Conveniently, Zurich is exactly half way between Heidelberg and Milan so it was the perfect set up.  We had time to go hiking on Sunday afternoon and just made it back to the train station before a huge hail storm moved into the area.

Here is a photo I snapped on the way down from Mount Rigi -- you can see Mount Pilatus and a little bit of the town, Goldau, in the background.

Next weekend, I am meeting up with one of the friends I made earlier this summer.  Kerri and some of her friends from Glasgow  (where she goes to Uni) are traveling for two months so I am meeting them in Bucharest!  Of all places, Bucharest is pretty random, but it was the only weekend I could meet them and I am excited to visit Eastern Europe.

Talk to you soon,

Megan

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Romania! You guys, always with the surprising plot twist. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

    And that last photo is soo Andrew Wyeth / "Christina's World"... at least as far as the grass and the building (mirror image).

    ReplyDelete