Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Eurotrip begins!

My last day in lab was Wednesday and I was able to finish sequencing all of my positives. My PI will send me the results when he gets them from the sequencing lab. Fingers crossed that my PCR actually amplified the correct bands...
The lab pitched in and bought some cake and ice cream to celebrate my last day (plus it was the first hot/nice day in a month, so we all were craving some ice cream) and after work we ventured to the nearest lake to cool off and enjoy some beers. It was a really nice evening and a great send-off for my impending travels.

My mom arrived in Berlin on Thursday and on Tuesday my friend from the US is coming and we will travel together to Prague, Vienna, Salzburg and Munich, then back to Berlin to say final farewells and fly back to the US on the 14th of August. I have really enjoyed Berlin and now I am excited to see more of Europe! I will take lots of pictures and I look forward to catching up with all of you when we are back in the States!

liebe Grüße,
Kristen

1 comment: